Australia/Sydney 1.00pm | Thu 5 Sept 2019
USA/Los Angeles 8.00pm | Wed 4 Sept 2019
Canada/Winnipeg 10.00pm | Wed 4 Sept 2019
(Convert your timezone here)
Kadi Taylor – Strategic Engagement And Government Relations – Navitas
Rebecca Hall – Senior Industry Specialist, International Education – Austrade
Greg Scott – Director, Sector Projects – Education New Zealand
The intertwined history of New Zealand and Australia isn’t just confined to the sports field but exists even in the international education domain. Navitas is proud to host an important conversation that aims to test some trans-Tasman international education myths.
This is a unique collaboration between agencies that promote New Zealand and Australian international education – Education New Zealand and Austrade. We also throw into the mix the perspective of an education provider that straddles both sides of the Tasman, Navitas.
We will bring together disparate data sets from both destinations to illuminate the lead indicator data trends, compare these trends and provide qualitative context to how these played out in these major international education destinations.
The interactive webinar will:
- Compare like-for-like data on student visas and enrolments for both New Zealand and Australia
- Examine trends in post-study work and migration
- Examine the geographic distribution of students across both destinations
- Compare the relative make-up of nationalities in the student body of each country
- Analyse trends in the digital lead indicators for both Australia and New Zealand
We conclude with a broad examination of the relative strengths and weaknesses of the two countries, how the policy settings in each country impact student demand and suggestions on what each destination can learn from the other.
This session has its genesis in a highly successful collaborative session at NZIEC2019.
Play Again recording coming soon.