To support Navitas teaching staff with the recent online teaching requirements, we have curated a number of articles on online teaching developed by our global learning and teaching community over the past few years. We have grouped them below based on the resource or topic addressed, or you can also search for a topic you may be interested in the search bar at the top right section of the website.
Tips & Strategies
- Teaching remotely using Zoom | Our top ‘Zoom Setting’ recommendations
- Mastering the art of facilitation in virtual classrooms
- Teaching online: 3 teachers share their challenges and strategies
- Hot tips for new online teachers [Infographic] or [Watch the recording]
- Feel the fear and facilitate your way: Lessons learned in online facilitation
- Practical strategies for developing engaging, technology-enhanced learning resources
- From technophobe to technophile
- Creating a simple online video – come on in!
- Welcome videos to generate rapport, engagement and communities of practice
- A sample of Welcome Videos teachers made for their students
- Welcome videos look engaging, but do they work?
- Quick tips: Making a user-friendly Moodle for Academic English
- What do learners really want? Using Moodle to transform the learning experience
- The power of white space: Making space for creativity and connection in online learning
- Connecting your students to the online sphere using hyperlinks
- 3 websites for finding quality, free images
- Learning to engage students online
- Strategy sessions: Innovative strategies for increasing online student engagement
- Using discussion forums to enhance critical thinking
- Designing group work in the online environment [Infographic] or [Watch the recording]
- Make online content engaging and fun with Powtoon!
- Strategy Sessions: Making the most out of Kahoot!
- Appsolutely! Explore the popular quiz tools Socrative & Kahoot
- Scaffolding assessment completion with H5P learning interactives
- Active learning with H5P
- Embedding H5P content into your Moodle space
- Bitesize content creation with H5P
- Using H5P as an Active Learning opportunity in your content
- Strategy Sessions: Engaging students through Padlet
- Creating peer engagement the easy way | Padlet and online collaboration
- Appsolutely! Create your own online interactive whiteboard with Padlet
If you have any questions or would like to contribute to this space by sharing your online teaching experience contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing all Navitas staff online in our Navitas Community Online Support Strategies Moodle page.